We have 3 core philosophies that makeup what we call the Manhattan Spirit. These philosophies call on each of us to:
- Focus on the Customer,
- Seize Every Opportunity, and
- Never Settle.
With these concepts as guides, we have become the most sought after commerce supply chain solution for companies all over the globe. Our teams are diverse, intelligent, collaborative, and fun!
At Manhattan Associates, your role would be unique and important as all our employees are essential to building success with our clients and our reputation as a gold-standard in Supply Chain solutions. Named consistently as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Manhattan Associates is further expanding its leadership capabilities by investing in easy to deploy, extensible and highly scalable cloud-based solutions.
Our R&D team is the heart and soul of Manhattan Associates’ product portfolio. They design the future of our products ahead of the curve both technically and operationally over our competitors. You will be floating in the cloud, drinking your fair share of Java, and getting creative daily. You will have the opportunity to learn and interact with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill sets to enhance your technical knowledge while on a path for career growth internally at Manhattan Associates.
- Are you motivated to solve complex problems in Supply Chain?
- Are you visionary and unconstrained in your thinking?
- Do you work with microservices/Service-Oriented Architecture?
- Do you have experience with architecting enterprise applications from the ground up?
- Do you write high quality, well-tested code with a passion for automation; you don’t like doing the same thing twice?
- Do you take pride in software craftsmanship, diving deep into code and constantly innovating?
Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Under supervision, develop detailed design specifications for assigned components
- Become familiar with all dependencies, interfaces, and services required by assigned components
- Participate in designing and developing components from detailed design specifications
- Develop and unit tests assigned components following R&D development processes
- Under supervision, estimate and plan your own work
- Become the resident expert on assigned components
- Evaluate software issues with assigned components and resolve them in a timely manner
- Implement changes to assigned components, assuring the changes do not introduce new issues
- Document all work
- Create systems directories and files and execute simple commands
- Code and debug simple problems in the primary language required for the role
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical field
- 6 months of experience developing, supporting or implementing application software
- Experience working with Oracle, MySQL, or DB2
- 6 months of experience developing with C++ or Java
- 6 months of experience working in Linux or Unix operating systems
- General knowledge of requirements gathering and management
- Systems knowledge (eg. OS, network, SAN, tuning, etc.)
- Technical Design skills/tools knowledge
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship