Manhattan Associates to Share Insights on Omnichannel Fulfilment Strategies and the Changing Role of the Store at World Retail Congress
PARIS, 24 September, 2014
Supply Chain Commerce Solutions provider, Manhattan Associates, Inc., (NASDAQ: MANH), will share key insights on how leading retailers are structuring their businesses to support omnichannel commerce and meet the increasingly personalised needs of today’s omnichannel shoppers at the World Retail Congress 2014. The event will take place 29th September - 1st October at the Centre of New Industries and Technologies (CNIT) conference hall, La Défense, Paris.
Henri Seroux, managing director, Continental Europe, at Manhattan Associates will speak as a panellist during a session themed “Amazon vs. Everyone Else.” The panel discussion, to take place at 3.15pm Monday 29th September, will be moderated by Marc de Speville, founder, Strategic Food Retail, and feature co-panellists Francisco Teixeira e Melo, vice president, Global RFID, Avery Dennison, and Julie Coates, director, Business Transformation, Woolworths Ltd. Session topics will include:
- The organisational implications of omnichannel – how do you prepare your enterprise for retail’s new normal?
- How can you offer greater service levels (faster order times, more delivery options), stay cost effective and keep up with today’s increasingly demanding consumers?
- What are the implications of Amazon’s Fresh rollout and how can food retailers leverage their stores as pick-up points for all kinds of products?
- If you aren’t following the Amazon model, what is the supply chain model of the future?
- Why do physical stores need to evolve to become mini-fulfilment centres and experience centres as well as fulfilling the role of traditional retail outlet?
- How does the role of the store associate need to change to help deliver a consistent brand experience?
- What role will technology play as an omnichannel commerce enabler?
Seroux commented, “To fully capitalise on the opportunity presented by omnichannel commerce, companies need to select a distribution model that allows them to create a supply network that is more seamless and responsive to the always-connected customer. Supply chains have become commerce differentiators - and the need to synchronise sales and fulfilment processes across channels and network nodes is paramount to creating great customer experiences. At World Retail Congress, retail industry professionals will have the opportunity to learn how leading organisations are adopting new operational approaches and technological solutions to help them adapt to this new omnichannel world and meet the increasingly personalised needs of today’s omnichannel shoppers. It will be a great show!”
Receive up-to-date product, customer and partner news directly from Manhattan Associates on Twitter.
Manhattan Associates brings companies closer to their customers. We design, build and deliver market-leading Supply Chain Commerce Solutions that drive top-line growth by converging front-end sales with back-end supply chain execution and efficiency. Our software, platform technology and unmatched experience help our customers around the world adapt to the challenges of the omnichannel marketplace. For more information, please visit http://www.manh.co.uk/