Manhattan Associates Extends Run of Strong Growth in Asia Pacific Region
SINGAPORE, March 20, 2012
Global supply chain optimisation provider Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: MANH) has announced strong growth in revenues for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region for 2011. Total APAC revenue for 2011 increased 13% over 2010, whilst the region had its best ever year on the GAAP operating income measure. The results were revealed as part of the Company’s fourth quarter 2011 financial results, announced January 31, 2012. The growth in 2011 comes on the back of a strong 2010 when the regional operation also recorded double digit revenue growth.
Manhattan Associates has operations in Australia, China, India, Japan and Singapore, and works closely with a number of leading partners from across the region active in more than 15 countries. 27 companies extended their business relationship with Manhattan Associates during 2011 to optimise their distribution capabilities. More than 140 Manhattan solution experts plus supply chain specialists from local partner organisations are focussed on serving clients in the APAC region, and they are backed by many more Manhattan employees located around the world.
During 2011, Manhattan Associates in APAC reached several key milestones and recorded a number of significant customer and business successes:
- It now has over 140 licensed customers across the region focused on optimised distribution management and relying on Manhattan’s solutions.
- Manhattan strengthened the leadership team, including a new general manager to spearhead the company’s growth in Greater China, new managing and sales directors for the Australia and New Zealand market as well as a director of retail for APAC, plus other key hires to strengthen the team across the broader APAC region.
- The company was named ‘Asia Pacific WMS Provider of the Year 2011’ by Frost & Sullivan, and this is the fourth year in a row that Manhattan has won a regional award for its WMS from Frost & Sullivan.
- For the second consecutive year, Manhattan won the China Logistics and Purchasing Federation Award for ‘Best IT Project in 2011’
- Manhattan was named ‘Best IT Supply Chain Solution Provider in Asia, 2011’ - by a panel of independent industry experts from the Global Supply Chain Council.
- The company’s vice president and managing director of its operations in India was named Chief Executive Officer of the of the Year, 2011, by the Indian Institute of Materials Management (IIMM), a premier Institution in India in the field of Materials and Supply Chain Management.
- Interest in Manhattan’s Zero Disappointment Retail™ offering gathered pace during the year with the solution showcased at a number of key retail and supply chain events around the region. Zero Disappointment Retail is a system-enabled approach that allows retailers to deploy advanced supply chain optimisation techniques to present a unified brand across all commerce channels including traditional (in-store) channels such as in-store, call centre and catalogue, plus the newer channels of e-commerce, m-commerce (mobile), s-commerce (social) and v-commerce (video-enabled).
- Manhattan announced key wins at some of the region’s leading companies, including Boshiwa Group, Chanel, China DRTV, China Shijiazhuang Pharmaceutical Group, Jeanswest, KW Logistics, Samsung, Super Retail Group and Wineworks, and made great strides on a number of key projects across the region, taking new sites live in Australia at furniture retailer Fantastic Holdings, online auctioneer GraysOnline and 3PL specialist Costa Logistics; in China at supermarket chain BuBuGao, supply chain services group Shenzhen Easttop and pharmaceuticals distributor Sinopharm; and in Indonesia at retail franchise group Multitrend.
Jeff Baum, Manhattan Associates’ senior vice president, Asia Pacific, commented, “2011 was another strong year for Manhattan in the region and our customer service focus and long-term commitment to the region are really starting to pay dividends. Customers are realising that supply chain optimisation is critical to their success and we are seeing a strong replacement cycle with multi-channel impacting many of our customers’ businesses. Our clients are increasingly investing in their supply chains to allow them to keep pace with their expanding and changing business environments, and that places us in a good position to help them with the regional challenges in the future.”
Manhattan Associates continues to deliver on its 22-year heritage of providing global supply chain excellence to more than 1,200 customers worldwide that consider supply chain optimisation core to their strategic market leadership. The company's supply chain innovations include: Manhattan SCOPE®, a portfolio of software solutions and technology that leverages a Supply Chain Process Platform to help organisations optimise their supply chains from planning through execution; Manhattan SCALE™, a portfolio of distribution management and transportation management solutions built on Microsoft .NET technology; and Manhattan Carrier™, a suite of supply chain solutions specifically addressing the needs of the motor carrier industry. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.