Manhattan Associates and Verifone Announce Alliance to Advance EMV Readiness and Omnichannel Digital Payment Technologies
ATLANTA, May 19, 2015
Manhattan Associates, Inc. (NASDAQ: MANH) today announced a strategic alliance with Verifone that will offer retailers flexible and highly secure point of sale (POS) solutions as well as streamlined EMV migration.
Major credit card providers have imposed an October 2015 deadline for merchants to accept EMV payments—a change that will more closely align U.S. financial institutions and retailers with international businesses.
“By supporting our offerings, Manhattan Associates will be able to help its retailers reduce complexities associated with EMV certification and minimize the possibility of large scale payment data theft at the point of sale,” said Jeff Wakefield, vice president of Sales Enablement and Business Development for Verifone.
As part of the alliance, Verifone Point, which is built on Verifone’s Secure Commerce Architecture (SCA) will support Manhattan Associates’ POS solution. SCA decouples payment data from the integrated POS and enables secure delivery of this data from the payment terminal directly to the processor’s secure host--without the data ever entering the register or any other PC-based POS system. Decoupling payment data from the integrated POS in such a way:
- Streamlines EMV certification and PCI compliance by removing the integrated POS from the card data environment
- Minimizes the risk of large-scale theft of consumer payment data
- Reduces payment complexity
SCA is the foundation for Verifone’s Commerce Enablement offerings, which will allow retailers to easily customize and personalize their sales environment and provide consumers with value at the payment terminal—through targeted advertising, digital loyalty, coupons, product offers, and identity services, such as beacons.
Additionally, Manhattan Associates’ solution will offer retailers certified integration with Verifone’s:
- e355 mobile POS (mPOS) payment terminal for secure, in-the-aisle payment acceptance and commerce enablement. The Verifone e355 is a flexible, long-lasting device that accommodates different smartphone and tablet form factors and supports all major operating system (OS) options—including Android, iOS and Windows. It accepts EMV, NFC, Apple Pay, traditional magnetic stripe, and all other payment types.
- MX 900 series of multi-media, EMV and NFC-capable payment terminal solutions. Verifone’s MX 900 series’ ability to enhance the customer experience at the POS while supporting all types of payments has made it exceptionally popular among well-known retailers in North America. These terminal solutions feature stunning digital color displays, high-speed graphic processors and large memory capacities that enable retailers to deliver targeted promotional content to consumers at the POS.
“Our alliance with Verifone will create additional value for our customers, particularly during this time of rapid change in both cardholder security standards and new digital payment technologies,” said Kevin Swanwick, senior director of retail solutions, Manhattan Associates.
“By offering the Verifone e355, Manhattan Associates can provide retailers an mPOS device that allows them to securely accept all forms of payments from beyond the counter—without requiring retailers to purchase new terminals every time they upgrade their smartphones or tablets,” said Wakefield. “At the counter, the MX 900 series will not only enable retailers to accept all payment types, but also help them to sell more by engaging consumers with special offers and promotional content during checkout.”
By combining world-class POS, Clienteling and Tablet Retailing capability with its market-leading omnichannel suite, Manhattan enables retailers to deliver the most personal and profitable customer experience in which customers can use their mobile device to pay for in-store purchases, have items delivered to an address, or arrange for in-store pickups.
Retailers can see the new, EMV-ready POS terminals at Momentum 2015, an annual conference attended by Manhattan Associates customers from around the world.
Verifone is transforming everyday transactions into opportunities for connected commerce. We’re connecting more than 27 million payment devices to the cloud—merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers. We are built on a 30-year history of uncompromised security. Our people are known as trusted experts that work with our clients and partners, helping to solve their most complex payments challenges. We have clients and partners in more than 150 countries, including the world’s best-known retail brands, financial institutions and payment providers.
Verifone.com | @verifone
Manhattan Associates makes commerce-ready supply chains that bring all points of commerce together so you’re ready to sell and ready to execute. Across the store, through your network or from your fulfillment center, we design, build and deliver market-leading solutions that support both top-line growth and bottom-line profitability. By converging front-end sales with back-end supply chain execution, our software, platform technology and unmatched experience help our customers get commerce ready—and ready to reap the rewards of the omnichannel marketplace. For more information, please visit www.manh.com.