Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) processes have become widely accepted as the means to ensure alignment of the inventory plan across the enterprise. When S&OP is properly implemented and becomes part of the enterprise DNA, total organizational commitment to the plan can be achieved.
Sales and Operations Planning Software from Manhattan Associates helps you align inventory plans across your enterprise with detailed, retail-time execution.
Instantly integrated into your enterprise
- Seamlessly integrates with Demand Forecasting and Replenishment to ensure execution of the operational strategy
- Simulate the impact of decisions on future inventory investments using "what if" analysis
- Automatically disaggregate aggregate-level S&OP decisions to detailed execution plans
- Instantly leverage top-down sales and inventory plans managed in Manhattan’s Merchandise Planning solution
- Reconcile sales/inventory plans with near-term forecasts and order projections
- Gain unlimited product and location hierarchy support for aggregate-level data analysis
- Leverage Manhattan Store Clustering to analyze metric-driven location groupings
- Support rolling 12-18 month planning horizons
S&OP business benefits include:
- Complete, cross-functional business alignment—a single inventory strategy for the enterprise
- Facilitation of a best-in-class S&OP process
- Improved return on inventory assets
- Reduction of avoidable supply chain operational costs
- Reduction of manual efforts required to convert aggregate plan adjustments into detailed execution instructions
Why choose S&OP from Manhattan Associates?
- If you're already optimizing your inventory, why should you adopt sales and operations planning? Inventory optimization alone does not align your entire business (marketing, operations, logistics, merchandizing, finance) around a unified inventory plan. S&OP gets tighter inventory planning integration for complete alignment across your enterprise.
- If you have an S&OP process, are you able to immediately action your plan? When S&OP is integrated into Demand Forecasting, Replenishment, and Financial Planning you can perform a "what if" analysis to determine the impact to your new inventory plan and immediately execute.
Evaluating S&OP solutions?
Experts recommend choosing an S&OP system to align your enterprise around three key elements:
- Strategic business plans
- Current demand and supply plans
- Current operating and financial constraints