Closer collaboration with suppliers, carriers, and 3PLs is crucial to increasing supply chain efficiencies. With Appointment Scheduling, you can give carriers and suppliers the ability to self-schedule warehouse delivery and pickups, eliminating delays and errors from time-consuming manual processes. Better yet, by closely coordinating inbound and outbound appointments with warehouse packing personnel, shipping departments, and fleet operators, your team has an increased ability to tightly control the three largest sources of distribution cost—labor, freight, and inventory.
Improve Productivity and Compliance
Poor carrier appointment scheduling can create inadequate labor allocation, inefficient loading/unloading, and unnecessary dwell times. Our appointment scheduling software is a proven tool that allows carriers and suppliers to easily “self-schedule” their warehouse delivery and labour needs. This helps increase productivity and levels workload, stay on schedule, and keep in compliance with U.S. Hours of Service and other government regulations.
- Turn more loads in less time to avoid delays and charge-backs
- Recommend appointment times based on resources, service needs, and shipment content
- Support system-recommended times to drive appointment setting and dock resources allocation at any DC
- Enable carriers to better comply with U.S. Hours of Service, the European Working Time Directive, and other government regulations
- Self-schedule shipments via electronic data interchange (EDI) or a web-based interface
- Track time at guard stations, measure detention times and load/unload times
- Automatically calculate load times based on required delivery dates, order content, dock capacity, warehouse capacity, and labor requirements
- Allow load balancing across shifts to calibrate resource requirements