7 Habits of Highly Effective Retailers
- 21 March 2023
- Manhattan Staff
From Stephen A. Covey we learn 7 habits highly effective people must possess. They include being proactive, focusing on goals/results, prioritisation, pursuing win/win solutions, understanding others, seeking synergy and renewing your whole person. Possession of these 7 habits is a virtue and one we should strive to achieve as the paradigm shifting characteristics are applicable to all stages of life.
To discern the 7 habits of highly effective retailers, one would need to commission a team of ‘mystery shoppers’ to compare the shopping experience at your favorite retailers. That is precisely what has been done. ‘Mystery shoppers’ evaluated over 120 of your favorite retailers and compared nearly 300 capabilities to ascertain the retailers offering the best shopping experiences. The complete findings can be found in the Unified Commerce Benchmark. Leading omnichannel retailers offer the following 7 differentiated capabilities to elevate customer’s shopping experiences.
- Include product sourcing information on product detail pages (deployed by 100% of leading retailers)
- Support order modifications, returns and exchanges via chat or call (deployed by 100% of leading retailers)
- Allow customers to change shipping method from buy online pick up in-store (BOPIS) to direct shipment (deployed by 93% of leading retailers)
- Offer “Buy now, pay later” availability (deployed by 93% of leading retailers)
- Provide option to check product availability status by store in cart view (deployed by 93% of leading retailers)
- Customers receive delivery as per the expected timelines (92% of leading retailers do this today)
- Enable store associates to check online purchase history in-store (deployed by 91% of leading retailers)
If you’re interested in exploring additional highly effective habits of leading retailers, click here to download the complete Unified Commerce Benchmark.
Deliver On Your Promise to Customers
Contact the Manhattan team