Vendor Managed Inventory
Create Value While Forging Lasting Business Relationships
Manufacturers and suppliers often don’t have visibility of the stock levels and sales of their products to end customers. They receive orders, they manufacture and plan the supply needed to service those orders, and they fulfil orders.
Therefore, their role in the supply chain is often very reactive. This leaves them with little time or ability to streamline manufacturing and supply planning, optimise the total flow of stock, and better position themselves strategically to service their customers.
Manhattan’s Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) reverses the ownership of the in-stock position from the wholesaler and/or retailer to the upstream supplier or manufacturer. VMI grants suppliers access to critical downstream stock and sales data. This, coupled with Manhattan’s sophisticated demand forecasting and replenishment science, enables suppliers to manage product replenishment and improve in-stock performance on behalf of end customers. Thus, Replenishment as a Service becomes a reality.
We Can Help You
- Monitor end-customer stock positions
- Track and analyse sales activity, providing keen insight into upcoming demand, which can feed into supply planning and/or manufacturing planning processes
- Provide better order fill rates with reduced overall stock levels
- Improve end-customer in-stock performance
- Lower replenishment costs for retailers and wholesalers (i.e. end customers)
- Forge closer working relationships with large, strategic customers
Features + Functions
- Prioritise and orchestrate business process flows through our personalised Daily Agenda
- Make use of at-a-glance performance metrics and data visualisations to monitor the health of your stock investment
- Personalise your Replenishment experience
- Manage buying team performance and enable metric-based performance improvements
Why Choose Manhattan Associates?
Innovation and Investment
Learn how our R&D innovations and investments drive real ROI for our customers.
Find out how we manage customer experiences to deliver better ROI.
Learn how our customers stay connected to industry best practises, product innovations and each other through networking events and programs.