Closer collaboration with suppliers, couriers and third-party logistics is crucial to increasing supply chain efficiencies. With Appointment Scheduling, you can give couriers and suppliers the ability to self-schedule warehouse deliveries and collections, eliminating delays and errors from time-consuming manual processes. Better yet, by closely coordinating inbound and outbound appointments with warehouse packing personnel, shipping departments and fleet operators, your team has an increased ability to tightly control the three largest sources of distribution cost—labour, freight and stock.
Improve productivity and compliance
Poor courier appointment scheduling can create inadequate labour allocation, inefficient loading/unloading and unnecessary dwell times. Our Appointment Scheduling software is a proven tool that allows couriers and suppliers to easily 'self-schedule' their warehouse delivery and labour needs. This helps to increase productivity and balance workload, stay on schedule, and keep in compliance with the EU Working Time Directive and other government regulations.
- Turnaround more loads in less time to avoid delays and charge-backs
- Recommend appointment times based on resources, service needs and shipment content
- Support system-recommended times to drive appointment setting and dock resource allocation at any DC
- Enable couriers to better comply with US Hours of Service, the EU Working Time Directive and other government regulations
- Self-schedule shipments via electronic data interchange (EDI) or a web-based interface
- Track time at gatehouses, and measure detention times and load/unload times
- Automatically calculate load times based on required delivery dates, order content, dock capacity, warehouse capacity and labour requirements
- Allow load balancing across shifts to calibrate resource requirements