Control demand, supply, labour and automation across your entire network with Manhattan Active® Warehouse Management. The leading cloud-native, evergreen and extensible WMS in the industry.
Never upgrade your WMS again
Power intelligent allocation for maximum pick density.
Integrated processing for retail, wholesale and direct.
Seamless automation connecting
Connect any automation from any vendor; reduce point-to-point integrations.
Pre-certified plug-in connectivity for automation.
Take action with insights that allow ‘see and do’ supervision.
Make better decisions faster with real-time agility.
Observe unlimited enterprise-wide visibility ranging from the highest level of your organisation to the lowest.
Everything in one app
Manage inventory, orders, labour, automation and transportation all on one app.
Unified distribution control
Run the entire enterprise from a single app with command of fulfilment, labour, slotting and automation.
Optimise order fulfilment with machine learning that maximises efficiency, productivity and profitability—while simultaneously processing retail, wholesale and direct demand.
Eliminate barriers to efficiency like 'pick type' and 'order type' by orchestrating put-away, picking, slotting, sorting and packing activities simultaneously.
Use technology to your advantage to simplify the process and save time.
The Manhattan Active® Platform
A cloud-native, evergreen and extensible foundation engineered to handle the most complex supply chain networks in the world.
API-first architecture with automated scalability, resiliency and availability. Every component is part of a shared application platform.
Our low code, no code, your code development strategy means you pick what method of configuration and customisation works best for you—with as much support as you want or need.
Every 90 days, all Manhattan Active solutions automatically receive new features and enhancements.
Fulfil Your Potential With Manhattan
Director of IT
Manhattan Active® Warehouse Management is born in the cloud and automatically scales to match any business need. Built entirely from microservices, it utilises applied intelligence that empowers real-time distribution planning for better, faster operational decisions.
- Cost Savings- Cloud-based technology, with a single, centrally located version of the truth, eliminates the need for redundant systems. With no upfront costs and less demand for tech support, you also extend your IT budget.
- Improved Security- Keeping critical information in the cloud protects data by giving that responsibility to a specialised, third-party with superior expertise.
- Greater Flexibility- The cloud-native microservices structure means you can adapt, scale, upgrade and make changes almost instantly to benefit every user in your organisation.
Warehouse operations manager
Maximise your employee and warehouse operational efficiency with Manhattan Active Warehouse Management.
- Unified Execution- Labour management and warehouse management capabilities are now unified in a single app. This unification means more visibility and control for supervisors, as well as real-time communication and performance feedback embedded directly into the associates' operations tools.
- Unified Automation- The Manhattan Automation Network makes it easy to onboard new automation technology by facilitating collaboration between Manhattan Associates and our industry-leading partners.
- Labour Management- Manhattan Active Labour Management uses data-driven gamification, real-time digital communication, automatic recognition and rewards programs to move beyond labour management, achieving true employee engagement.
Optimise your warehouse efficiency and execution with solutions that enable you to meet your daily goals.
- Slotting Optimisation- Manhattan Active Slotting Optimisation automatically determines the best locations to locate inventory to increase workforce efficiency, shorten order fulfilment cycles and maximise throughput.
- Order Streaming- Order streaming technology ensures the right resources with sufficient capacity are quickly identified, so orders get to the dock ahead of the carrier cut-off times and promised service commitments.
Manhattan’s WMS leads the Gartner Magic Quadrant
A Recognised Leader
Manhattan’s WMS is a 14-time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, earning the top spot for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
Everything works better with Manhattan solutions
Manhattan offers a complete breadth of solutions that when unified, provides total coverage for your supply chain commerce needs.
Manage every carrier, rate, route and load with Manhattan Active® Transportation Management.
Empower employees to be more productive—and happier with their work—using Manhattan Active® Labour Management’s AI-enabled software.
Point of sale
Empower store associates with Manhattan Active® Point of Sale, a POS built to turn the store into an experiential showroom, customer service centre and neighbourhood fulfilment point.
See how DHL harnessed the cloud-native agility of Manhattan’s WMS
DHL, one of the largest logistics companies in the world, is breaking the upgrade cycle with the cloud-native agility of Manhattan’s WMS.
Meet our partners
We deliver added value through partnerships with these best-in-class vendors.
What you’ll need to know about warehouse management systems.
A warehouse management system (WMS) is software to help organise warehouse operations.
A WMS is designed to control movement and storage of materials, track inventory, manage stock and optimise picking and packing of orders. A WMS can also be integrated with other software—such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and transportation management systems (TMS)—to offer an end-to-end view of the supply chain.
Because a cloud-native warehouse management system (WMS) is designed to run on cloud infrastructure—rather than on-premises servers—it offers:
- Scalability—reducing costs and improving efficiency by scaling up or down to meet changing needs.
- Flexibility—accessible anyplace with an internet connection to manage distribution from unlimited locations.
- Cost savings—eliminating expensive hardware, IT infrastructure and downtime for system upgrades
- Automatic updates—ensuring access to security updates and the latest version of software.
- Data security—protecting sensitive data with features such as data encryption and multi-factor authentication.
- Collaboration—enabling multiple users to work simultaneously to improve productivity.
- Integration—syncing with systems such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and transportation management systems (TMS) to provide a comprehensive view of the entire supply chain.
Unlike most cloud solutions, the Manhattan Active® WMS is engineered to be extensible—allowing users to add their own logic, integrations and customisations without negatively affecting updates.
Both are software solutions to manage warehouse operations. Each has a different focus.
A WMS manages inventory by tracking inventory, stock locations and stock movements and can also be used to optimize picking and packing, whilst providing real-time visibility of warehouse operations.
A WES optimises warehouse processes such as receiving, picking, packing and shipping, often via advanced automation or robotics. It increases efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and reducing manual labor whilst providing features such as real-time task tracking, work optimisation and automated replenishment.
WMS and WES can be used together to improve visibility and efficiency.
AI and machine learning assist with tasks too time-consuming to perform manually. Some examples:
- Inventory management—Algorithms predict demand and optimise inventory levels—reducing both stock-outs and surpluses.
- Automating tasks—Receiving, picking, packing and shipping can be automated to increase efficiency.
- Actionable insights—Real-time visibility, helping to identify bottlenecks and make adjustments.
- Work optimization—Arranging work assignments to reducing labour costs and increase productivity.
- Personalization—Providing recommendations based on past interactions.