Align your strategic stock plan across the enterprise
Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) ensures all key internal stakeholders across the enterprise can align the near-term stock plan with their current operating and financial constraints. Manhattan’s S&OP empowers businesses to adjust a stock plan in one fluid, aggregate motion when resource or financial constraints drive the need for a change.
With S&OP, you can quickly consolidate the organisation’s top-down sales and stock plans with current demand from Demand Forecasting and order forecasts from Replenishment to formulate a single view of the impact of stock across the enterprise. And, the solution facilitates stock alignment by allowing key users to manipulate the sales and stock portions of the plan based on feedback from other areas of the business.
It's not just about a monthly S&OP meeting
Even if your business has adopted an S&OP practice, the realities of frequent disruptions to the supply chain still exist. Manhattan’s S&OP solution makes zero assumptions about whether the need to alter future stock plans truly came from an S&OP meeting or not. Regardless of the 'why' behind the change, S&OP guarantees constant and automated alignment of senior leaderships objectives with the buying team.
- Monitor alignment of the enterprise’s financial plan with the upcoming demand forecast and projected stock levels
- Ensure cross-functional business alignment to achieve a true, single stock strategy for the enterprise
- Overlay your near-term operational, logistic and financial constraints with the stock buying strategy
- Reduce avoidable supply chain operational costs
- Accelerate time to action when macro-level disruptions occur that impact planning and execution
- Facilitate a best-in-class S&OP process
- Consolidate key sales and stock metrics on a single S&OP Workbench
- Support rolling 12- to 18-month planning horizons
- Focus in or zoom out on various Product, Location and Time hierarchical levels
- Utilise unlimited Product, Location and Time hierarchies
- Provide highly graphical reporting and embedded data visualisations
- Simulate the impact of plan adjustments before you commit
- Manage the S&OP process at aggregate levels, and then automatically disaggregate to SKU level for consumption by Replenishment
- Align S&OP decisions seamlessly with Demand Forecasting and Replenishment
- Provide transparent visibility of S&OP adjustments by the Replenishment and Forecasting teams
- Utilise Manhattan’s Store Clustering to interact with the S&OP Workbench based on metric-driven location
If you're already optimising your stock levels, why should you adopt sales and operations planning?
Stock optimisation alone does not align your entire business around a unified stock plan. S&OP ensures tighter stock planning integration for complete alignment across your enterprise.
If you have an S&OP process, are you able to immediately action your plan?
When S&OP is integrated into Demand Forecasting, Replenishment and Financial Planning you can perform a 'what if' analysis to determine the impact on your new stock plan and immediately execute.