A recent survey of IT and operations professionals in the logistics, manufacturing, retail, transportation and wholesale markets revealed the three most critical picking and fulfilment issues: labour productivity, order turnaround time and order accuracy. In the world of omnichannel commerce, improving in these areas starts with quick, real-time access to information, not only for monitoring work and stock but also for driving engagement and productivity among warehouse staff.
To meet the needs of today, data must be delivered to team members and managers alike in a mobile format across warehouse management, stock and slotting processes.
THE POWER OF MODERN MOBILITY
DM Mobile overcomes labour productivity, order turnaround time and order accuracy challenges by providing managers and staff with applications—accessible via tablets and handheld devices—that provide information and capabilities essential for taking immediate action. Distribution managers can finally break away from the desk since DM Mobile gives them all the information they need to interact with and effect change among employees and tasks in real time on the warehouse floor.
By combining data and functionality from the Warehouse Management, Labour Management and Slotting Optimisation solutions, DM Mobile offers a wide array of powerful capabilities. Labour management information, such as employee performance, observation management, team assignment and employee interactions, is readily accessible. In addition, work monitoring options such as task monitoring, throughput, order prioritisation and customer views allow warehouse supervisors to keep customer service and operational efficiency at the forefront of their minds.
DM Mobile offers a comprehensive set of capabilities that are seamlessly interconnected with the Manhattan Distribution suite: Labor Management. DM Mobile equips supervisors with vital performance information necessary for real-time interaction with employees on the warehouse floor. The solution helps improve employee engagement by providing a system for identifying and rewarding strong performers, while coaching employees who are not meeting their goals.
A SINGLE, SEAMLESS MOBILE APPLICATION
DM Mobile allows warehouse managers to move throughout their facility and engage with floor personnel while having real-time information visibility. This industry-leading solution offers robust functionality and tight interconnectivity with Manhattan Distribution solutions, enabling distribution managers to oversee labour, stock and work in real time—even in the most complex facilities. Because it’s anchored by our industry-leading Warehouse Management solutions, DM Mobile helps increase product velocity, customer service and efficiency across your distribution operations.
DM Mobile offers a comprehensive set of capabilities that are seamlessly interconnected with the Manhattan Distribution Suite:
- Labour Management - DM Mobile equips supervisors with vital performance information necessary for real-time interaction with employees on the warehouse floor. The solution helps improve employee engagement by providing a system for identifying and rewarding strong performers, while coaching employees who are not meeting their goals.
- Work Monitoring - Through an easy-to-use, consumer-oriented user interface, DM Mobile offers a work monitoring framework, with multiple hierarchies for task management in all warehouse environments.
- Inventory Management - DM Mobile has a powerful capability to manage or interact with stock directly on the warehouse floor. Warehouse managers can view or manage stock levels using intuitive stock searches by location, item or LPN. Inventory Management provides warehouse managers with real-time stock data while they’re moving throughout the facility and encountering current or potential stock issues. Managers can make immediate stock updates and even view slot score and re-slot locations.
- Order Streaming - DM Mobile supports order streaming, which dynamically adjusts picking priorities on the fly and helps to keep labour resources and sortation equipment moving at a regular pace, while reducing the amount of downtime for labour and sortation processes.
- Facilitate more supervisor time spent on the floor with real-time data on employee productivity and performance
- Record active interactions systematically with employees, including observations and performance measurements
- Review work in the warehouse by wave, job function, and task or activity
- Put a task on hold, reprioritise a task, assign a task to an employee or release a set of tasks to be completed
- Monitor, plan, and forecast work in real time
- Track the status for a customer, including order look-ups and wave progress