A recent survey of IT and operations professionals in the logistics, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and wholesale markets revealed the three most critical picking and fulfillment issues: labor productivity, order turnaround time, and order accuracy. In the world of omnichannel commerce, improving in these areas starts with quick, real-time access to information, not only for monitoring work and inventory but also for driving engagement and productivity among warehouse associates.
To meet the needs of today, data must be delivered to associates and managers alike in a mobile format across warehouse management, inventory, and slotting processes.
THE POWER OF MODERN MOBILITY
DM Mobile overcomes labor productivity, order turnaround time, and order accuracy challenges by providing managers and associates applications—accessible via tablets and handheld devices—that provide information and capabilities essential for taking immediate action. Distribution managers can finally break away from the desk since DM Mobile gives them all the information they need to interact and affect change among employees and tasks in real time on the warehouse floor.
By combining data and functionality from Warehouse Management, Labor Management, and Slotting Optimization solutions, DM Mobile offers a wide array of powerful capabilities. Labor management information, such as employee performance, observation management, team assignment, and employee interactions, is readily accessible. In addition, work monitoring options like task monitoring, throughput, order prioritization, and customer views allow warehouse supervisors to keep customer service and operational efficiency top-of-mind.
DM Mobile offers a comprehensive set of capabilities that are seamlessly interconnected with the Manhattan Distribution suite: Labor Management. DM Mobile equips supervisors with vital performance information necessary for real-time interaction with employees on the warehouse floor. The solution helps improve employee engagement by providing a system for identifying and rewarding strong performers, while coaching employees who are not meeting their goals.
A SINGLE, SEAMLESS MOBILE APPLICATION
DM Mobile allows warehouse managers to move throughout their facility and engage with floor personnel while having realtime information visibility. This industry-leading solution offers robust functionality and tight interconnectivity with Manhattan Distribution solutions, enabling distribution managers to oversee labor, inventory, and work in real time—even in the most complex facilities. Because it’s anchored by our industry-leading Warehouse Management solutions, DM Mobile helps increase product velocity, customer service, and efficiency across your distribution operations.
DM Mobile offers a comprehensive set of capabilities that are seamlessly interconnected with the Manhattan Distribution Suite:
- Labor Management - DM Mobile equips supervisors with vital performance information necessary for real-time interaction with employees on the warehouse floor. The solution helps improve employee engagement by providing a system for identifying and rewarding strong performers, while coaching employees who are not meeting their goals.
- Work Monitoring - Through an easy-to-use, consumer-oriented user interface, DM Mobile offers a work monitoring framework, with multiple hierarchies for task management in all warehouse environments.
- Inventory Management - DM Mobile has a powerful capability to manage or interact with inventory directly from the warehouse floor. Warehouse managers can view or manage inventory using intuitive inventory searches by location, item, or LPN. Inventory management provides warehouse managers real-time inventory data while they’re moving throughout the facility and encountering current or potential inventory issues. Managers can make immediate inventory updates and even view slot score and re-slot locations.
- Order Streaming - DM Mobile supports order streaming, which dynamically adjusts picking priorities on the fly and helps keep labor resources and sortation equipment moving at a more regular pace, while reducing the amount of downtime for labor and sortation processes.
- Facilitate more supervisor time spent on the floor with real-time data on employee productivity and performance
- Record active interactions systematically with employees, including observations and performance measurements
- Review work in the warehouse by wave, job function, and task or activity
- Put a task on hold, reprioritize a task, assign a task to an employee, or release a set of tasks to be completed
- Monitor, plan, and forecast work in real time
- Track the status for a customer, including order lookups and wave progress