Be Prepared: Changes Ahead
Selecting the right carriers for your business has a direct impact on profitability and customer satisfaction. But with the dynamic nature of supply chains, the best combination of carriers for today may be different tomorrow. Manhattan’s Transportation Procurement allows you to determine the ideal combination of carriers, and balance price against other factors, such as capacity, service, and quality.
Dynamic supply chains require a powerful and reliable solution that will streamline the sourcing process, and that can respond to changes, such as:
- New vendors, DCs, stores, and customers
- Customer demands and service requirements
- Varying shipment volumes
- Carrier mergers and acquisitions
- New regulations
- Contract expiration
- Fuel prices
Transportation costs are the largest element of total logistics costs, so transportation professionals must have clear visibility of transportation spend. The ability to evaluate cost, service, and other factors when selecting carriers is vital, especially since the best carrier isn’t always the least expensive one. And shippers simply can’t afford to run operations with stale rates. Transportation Procurement provides the power to respond quickly to change while minimizing costs.
Better Visibility, Optimal Results
Widely recognized as one of the most powerful logistics procurement systems available for managing transportation bids and contract sourcing, our Transportation Procurement solution automates best practices and standardizes the entire bid process, from RFP to final contract.
- Standardize and simplify the bid collection and optimization process
- Improve carrier communication and collaboration
- Leverage historic and forecast data to better prepare carriers for bidding
- Benchmark and track rates and service over time
- Determine multiple awarding scenarios based on cost, service, and other rules
- Understand the true cost impact of sourcing decisions
- Improve spend visibility
- Increase accountability
- Create a repeatable and automated bid and award process
By optimizing the strategic sourcing process across modes, Transportation Procurement lets you match your lanes and demand with carrier offerings to ensure you contract the best rates and capacity available.
- Automate contract sourcing and reduce transportation costs for all modes of transportation
- Allow alternative pricing using ad hoc or prescribed bundles
- Evaluate bid responses using benchmark data
- Optimize contract award combinations with scenario management
- Accommodate incremental bids to secure capacity outside existing contracts due to dynamic network changes
- Integrate contract awards seamlessly with Transportation Planning & Execution