Adaptive Network Fulfillment
Profitable Omnichannel Fulfillment
Rising consumer demand for fast and free delivery and global disruptions is accelerating the use of stores for fulfillment. At the same time, ever-increasing financial pressures require innovative ways to decrease inventory costs and improve margins.
Intelligent Fulfillment Optimization
Leading omnichannel retailers are using future systems to learn to make instantaneous decisions about the most profitable way to meet a customer promise. Which store is the best option to ensure delivery of a next-day promise? Where should the inventory be pulled from to avoid costly markdowns? The decisions are endless, the data is monumental and everything must be executed seamlessly within core order management processes for optimal performance.
Manhattan Active® Order Management uses Adaptive Network Fulfillment technology to help retailers intelligently manage order fulfillment across their complete omnichannel network. It uses machine learning to dynamically optimize fulfillment decisions in real time.
By evaluating large numbers of parameters across distribution centers, transportation, stores, and customers, Manhattan Active OM optimizes order routing in real time to select the lowest cost option for the business while ensuring customer promises are always kept.
- Quickly define optimization strategies based on service levels, free shipping, clearance items, and customer classifications
- Automatically evaluate multiple fulfillment considerations holistically
- Easily see each consideration impacting the cost of fulfillment, including shipping/handling, capacity, rejection rate, inventory levels, days of supply, selling price, and proximity to the customer
- Seamlessly balance fulfillment workload across facilities
- Quickly address surplus units and protect the last units available in-store
- Rapidly learn from historical rejection rates, accuracy, and workload
- Easily create incentives or deterrents based on real-time data, such as surplus inventory or maximum fulfillment capacity
- Automatically prioritize fulfillment from facilities that need volume, such as distribution centers and larger footprint stores
Learn and Adapt
- Easily view every fulfillment decision with overall cost breakdown and decision parameters
- Quickly evaluate single-order detail or real-time global network performance
- Dynamically route orders and track status in real time to a distributed network of DCs, stores, and suppliers
- Easily support complex merge-in-transit fulfillment flows for a single delivery to the customer
- Quickly deploy and manage vendor drop-ship order fulfillment
- Seamlessly handle fulfillment outages, capacity constraints, and inventory protection
Deliver On Your Promise to Customers
See how Manhattan’s supply chain commerce solutions can work for you.