Intelligent Transportation Modeling Software
Today’s global supply chains are constantly changing, which means the perfect transportation plan today isn’t necessarily the perfect transportation plan for tomorrow.
Scenario planning and route simulation modeling requires a solution that can “think” strategically and execute optimally, so the transportation network runs at the lowest cost and highest service levels.
Transport planning models help challenge assumptions and test new ideas while previewing the real impact on operations. Scenario planning can run what-if scenarios and propose network configuration changes. It can test different routing options and see the effect that different choices will have on operations.
We can help you
- Uncover savings opportunities proactively
- Make the best transportation policy decisions
- Measure the service and cost impact of numerous options
- Reduce transportation-related costs
- Improve customer service levels
- Continuously optimize the network
Transportation Modeling within Manhattan TMS uses scenario planning tools and machine learning to remove complexity and provide great flexibility. Using sophisticated simulations based on historic and forecasted data, the solution validates and optimizes what-if scenarios.
Responding to unexpected changes becomes as easy and common as tendering freight, with easily justified decisions and minimal impact on your business. Route simulation modeling enables transportation planners to step out of the day-to-day mayhem of troubleshooting problems and into the realm of strategic and tactical planning. The result is optimal execution today and tomorrow.
Make Better Business Decisions
New customer locations, carrier and driver capacity restrictions, erratic fuel costs, hours of service changes, and shifting third-party transportation rates all impact the bottom line. Using 'averages' falls short when it comes to anticipating the effects of changing a policy within complex transportation networks. When approaching network capacity, how should resources be aligned? Where is a new DC needed to get the most benefit? Transportation Modeling within Manhattan TMS provides the tools to accurately analyze and project an impact of supply chain and network design options.
Features + Functions
- Unlimited scenarios for network configurations and transportation policies
- Realistic simulations that consider historical data to quantify the impact of any change
- Side-by-side scenario comparisons
- Easily adjustable ranges for variables to arrive at the best outcome
- Anticipate the impact of fewer or more DC and store locations
- Respond quickly to disruptions, demand surges, and holiday seasons
Plan Tactically, Execute Optimally
Transportation Modeling enables shippers to step outside the typical, reactionary focus of transportation execution and helps planners proactively search for ways to improve operations. It makes it easy to quickly react to changes in the supply chain, make more optimal decisions, and find hidden savings opportunities.