Available to Commerce is an advanced constraint engine that complements Enterprise Inventory to allow retailers to quickly define and reconfigure views or scenarios to match the right customer to the right units of inventory. This dynamic view can simultaneously consider factors such as merchandising, logistics, finance, store operations, and other user-defined characteristics to turn inventory visibility into true availability, in real time.
- Establish rules around inventory availability based on selling channel, retail brand, delivery method, seasonality, store capacity/capability, inventory accessibility, inventory disposition, presentation stock rules, safety stock levels, etc.
- Manage availability through operational constraints such as fulfillment outages and store workload
- Enable changes to view any inventory through REST-based APIs
- Deliver real-time inventory availability updates to any channel
- Protect store inventory levels to please walk-in customers
- Reserve and provide ship dates for orders in any channel