Today’s global supply chains are in constant flux. So an optimally configured transportation solution today isn’t necessarily the optimal transportation solution for tomorrow.
To stay ahead, transportation professionals need a solution that can “think” strategically as well as execute optimally, ensuring the transportation network is always operating at the lowest cost and highest service levels.
- Find innovative savings opportunities proactively
- Make the best transportation policy decisions
- Measure the service and cost impact of various options
- Reduce Costs
- Improve service levels
- Optimize the network continuously
Transportation Modeling empowers you to challenge assumptions and test new ideas on transportation policies, while simultaneously seeing the impact on operations. Logistics professionals can run what-if scenarios, propose network configuration changes, test different routing options, and see the effect that different constraints and paths will have on operations.
Transportation Modeling offers proprietary algorithms and scenario-planning tools that remove complexity while providing great flexibility. With sophisticated simulations that use historic and forecasted data, the solution validates and optimizes what-if scenarios.
Responding to volatility and implementing change becomes a task as common as tendering freight, with easily justified decisions and minimal impact to the business. Transportation Modeling enables transportation planners to step out of the day-to-day mayhem of troubleshooting problems and into the realm of strategic and tactical planning. The result is optimal execution today and tomorrow.
Make Better Business Decisions
Changing customer locations, carrier and driver capacity restrictions, erratic fuel costs, hours of service changes, and shifting third-party transportation rates all impact the bottom line. Using “averages” alone for modeling falls short when it comes to projecting the effects changing a policy has on complex transportation networks. When you start to reach network capacity, how should you align resources, or where should you add a DC to get the most benefit? Manhattan’s Transportation Modeling provides scenario-based optimization capabilities that analyze specific supply chain and network design options.
- Create an unlimited number of scenarios for alternative network configurations and transportation policies
- Analyze your real-world, historical data, and quantify the overall impact of change with the help of realistic simulations
- Compare scenarios side by side
- Adjust a range of variables so you can arrive at the best outcome
- Consider plans for opening and closing DC and store locations, disruptions, demand surges, and holiday seasons as you fine tune service policies
Plan Tactically, Execute Optimally
Transportation Modeling enables organizations to step outside the typical, reactionary focus of transportation execution and empowers planners to proactively search for ways to improve operations, quickly react to changes in the supply chain, make more optimal decisions, find hidden savings opportunities, and implement changes that positively impact the bottom line.