Control demand, supply, labor, and automation across your entire network with Manhattan Active® Warehouse Management. The leading cloud-native, evergreen, and extensible WMS in the industry.
Never Upgrade Your WMS Again
Power intelligent, AI-managed allocation for optimized pick density.
Simultaneous processing for retail, wholesale, and direct fulfillment.
Seamless Automation Connectivity
Connect any automation from any vendor; reduce point-to-point integrations.
Pre-certified plug-in connectivity for automation.
Take action with insights that allow ‘see and do’ supervision in one single, intuitive, and responsive experience.
Make better decisions faster with real-time agility.
Observe unlimited enterprise-wide visibility ranging from the highest level of your organization to the lowest.
Everything in One App
Manage inventory, orders, labor, automation, and transportation all on one app.
Unified Distribution Control
Run the entire enterprise from a single app with command of fulfillment, labor, slotting, and automation.
Optimize order fulfillment with machine learning that maximizes efficiency, productivity, and profitability—while simultaneously processing retail, wholesale, and direct demand.
Eliminate barriers to efficiency like 'pick type' and 'order type' by orchestrating put-away, picking, slotting, sorting, and packing activities simultaneously.
Use technology to your advantage to simplify the process and save time.
The Manhattan Active® Platform
A cloud-native, evergreen, and extensible foundation engineered to handle the most complex supply chain networks in the world.
API-first architecture with automated scalability, resiliency, and availability. Every component is part of a shared application platform.
Our low code, no code, your code development strategy means you pick what method of configuration and customization works best for you—with as much support as you want or need.
Every 90 days, all Manhattan Active solutions automatically receive new features and enhancements.
Fulfill Your Potential With Manhattan
Director of IT
Manhattan Active® Warehouse Management is born in the cloud and automatically scales to match any business need. Built entirely from microservices, it utilizes applied intelligence that empowers real-time distribution planning for better, faster operational decisions.
- Cost Savings- Cloud-based technology, with a single, centrally located version of the truth, eliminates the need for redundant systems. With no upfront costs and less demand for tech support, you also extend your IT budget.
- Improved Security- Keeping critical information in the cloud protects data by giving that responsibility to a specialized, third-party with superior expertise.
- Greater Flexibility- The cloud-native microservices structure means you can adapt, scale, upgrade and make changes almost instantly to benefit every user in your organization.
Warehouse Operations Manager
Maximize your employee and warehouse operational efficiency with Manhattan Active Warehouse Management.
- Unified Execution- Labor management and warehouse management capabilities are now unified in a single app. This unification means more visibility and control for supervisors, as well as real-time communication and performance feedback embedded directly into the associates' operations tools.
- Unified Automation- The Manhattan Automation Network makes it easy to onboard new automation technology by facilitating collaboration between Manhattan Associates and our industry-leading partners.
- Labor Management- Manhattan Active Labor Management uses data-driven gamification, real-time digital communication, and automatic recognition and rewards programs to move beyond labor management, achieving true employee engagement.
Optimize your warehouse efficiency and execution with solutions that enable you to meet your daily goals.
- Slotting Optimization- Manhattan Active Slotting Optimization automatically determines the best locations to locate inventory to increase workforce efficiency, shorten order fulfillment cycles and maximize throughput.
- Order Streaming- Order streaming technology ensures the right resources with sufficient capacity are quickly identified, so orders get to the dock ahead of the carrier cut-off times and promised service commitments.
Manhattan’s WMS Leads the Gartner Magic Quadrant
A Recognized Leader
Manhattan’s WMS is a 15-time leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, earning the top spot for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
Everything Works Better With Manhattan Solutions
Manhattan offers a complete breadth of solutions that when unified, provides total coverage for your supply chain commerce needs.
Manage every carrier, rate, route, and load with Manhattan Active® Transportation Management.
Empower employees to be more productive—and happier with their work—using Manhattan Active® Labor Management’s AI-enabled software.
Manhattan Active® Order Management provides stores with visibility into available inventory held anywhere, supporting endless aisle selling.
See How DHL Harnessed The Cloud-Native Agility of Manhattan’s WMS
DHL, one of the largest logistics companies in the world, is breaking the upgrade cycle with the cloud-native agility of Manhattan’s WMS.
Faster and Easier Than Ever to Connect
Manhattan Active Platform technology makes it faster and easier than ever to connect to existing systems, valued partners and new services. To make it even easier, we’ve already integrated Manhattan Active Solutions to industry leading solutions for everything from inventory visibility and autonomous mobile robots to payments, fraud and search engine shopping, just to name a few. It’s your supply chain commerce ecosystem. Unified.
What you’ll need to know about Warehouse Management Systems.
A warehouse management system (WMS) is software to help organize warehouse operations.
A WMS is designed to control movement and storage of materials, track inventory, manage stock, and optimize picking and packing of orders. A WMS can also be integrated with other software—such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and transportation management systems (TMS)—to offer an end-to-end view of the supply chain.
Because a cloud-native warehouse management system (WMS) is designed to run on cloud infrastructure—rather than on-premises servers—it offers:
- Scalability—reducing costs and improving efficiency by scaling up or down to meet changing needs.
- Flexibility—accessible anyplace with an internet connection, to manage distribution from unlimited locations.
- Cost savings—eliminating expensive hardware, IT infrastructure, and downtime for system upgrades
- Automatic updates—ensuring access to security updates and the latest version of software.
- Data security—protecting sensitive data with features such as data encryption and multi-factor authentication.
- Collaboration—enabling multiple users to work simultaneously to improve productivity.
- Integration—syncing with systems such as enterprise resource planning (ERP) and transportation management systems (TMS) to provide a comprehensive view of the entire supply chain.
Unlike most cloud solutions, the Manhattan Active WM is engineered to be extensible—allowing users to add their own logic, integrations, and customizations without negatively affecting updates.
Both are software solutions to manage warehouse operations. Each has a different focus.
A WMS manages inventory by tracking inventory, stock locations, and stock movements, and can also be used to optimize picking and packing, while providing real-time visibility of warehouse operations.
A WES optimizes warehouse processes such as receiving, picking, packing, and shipping, often via advanced automation or robotics. It increases efficiency by automating repetitive tasks and reducing manual labor, while providing features such as real-time task tracking, work optimization, and automated replenishment.
WMS and WES can be used together to improve visibility and efficiency.
AI and machine learning assist with tasks too time-consuming to perform manually. Some examples:
- Inventory management—Algorithms predict demand and optimize inventory levels—reducing both stock-outs and surpluses.
- Automating tasks—Receiving, picking, packing, and shipping can be automated to increase efficiency.
- Actionable insights—Real-time visibility, helping to identify bottlenecks and make adjustments.
- Work optimization—Arranging work assignments to reducing labor costs and increase productivity.
- Personalization—Providing recommendations based on past interactions.